Interacting with consumers and fans in ongoing dialogue is what social media marketing revolves around. When launching a campaign this dialogue remains a priority from beginning to end and is essentially what will keep the campaign going. One of the big challenges when running a campaign on social media is that it is easy to start the conversation and just as easy to stop it. Running a successful campaign relies on maintaining momentum; but how do you do this successfully?
Here are 5 tips to help your campaign maintain momentum:
- Design for participation- Make sure that your promotion is designed to fully engage your fans and to encourage them to actively participate with your brand. Photo and video contests are a great way to ensure creative engagement.
- Get Personal- Create personal conversations with fans that enter your contest by tweeting to them, posting to their Facebook page, or by writing about their entry in your blog. This social media communication shows your fans you notice and appreciate their entry and engagement.
- Constantly update your fans- Post updates about the promotion on your social media channels and personal website. In order for fans to stay engaged they need to have all the facts. This can include sharing key milestones such as finalists being selected, just reached 100 or 10,000 entries, or even fun facts about the brand. Post quality content about your campaign and your brand on a consistent basis.
- Announce daily giveaways and winners- by posting the winners on your social media channels you are encouraging your fans to continue to visit your social media pages and check in with the brand.
- Schedule posts- set up posts ahead of time and schedule when you would like them to go live. This is a great way to ensure that all of the information gets posted and that the posts are spread out.
It is important to keep your fans interested in your promotion and in extension, your brand. By incorporating these ideas into your marketing strategy you will create a continuous conversation that is rewarding for both you and your fans.